QRZ.com Logbook

Friday, July 10, 2009

It's confirmed...I'm a computer junkie...

Time for some truthful self-admittance...I'm experiencing some serious "jones" while my precious HP Touchsmart Notebook is in the Geek Squad shop getting a new keyboard.

Note to self...I'll never try to catch a notebook as it slides off it's precarious spot on a chair onto the floor, with a glass of iced tea in my hand ever again.

Some thoughts on all this...

I've scoffed at buying extended warranties... but in this case, it was the smartest thing I've done in a while in buying the Geek Squad "black tie" protection plan when I bought my notebook. It was money WELL spent.

How do I know I'm hooked? ...I'm posting this using a 10 yr old laptop that's slower than frozen snot, taking up the whole friggin' day to load a page...n' I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread...but I'm getting by...barely.

6 YEAR UPDATE: Jan. 2, 2015
Life hasn't changed, except the jones now is Apple Products, as in all things Apple. It's seamless, & fun!

No comments: