QRZ.com Logbook

Sunday, April 26, 2009

2009 Murrells Inlet Spring Tide Cleans Up


I just HAD to give this a "cute" headline, I had a blast today, and it was for a great cause. I'm talking about all the great work everyone put into this years SPRING TIDE, in beautiful Murrells Inlet South Carolina.
A annual event, Spring Tide has been held consecutively for 18 years now, all to clean up the area of litter & trash along the roadways, waterways & shoreline. This community event, held each 3rd Sunday of the month of April was this year blessed with favorable tides, eager participation, and, as always, beautiful weather.


The Grand Strand Amateur Radio Club was well represented today by Jim N4GSA, Tom K2PJ, and myself, KI4HEE. (I wish Tom was able to jump into the picture of me & Jim, but my thanks anyway Tom, for taking the photos.)


The great payoff in today's activities was three-fold, we got to provide Ham Radio support to the clean-up activities, it was an excellent excuse to get outdoors and enjoy wonderful weather & friendly folk in a beautiful location, and finally, we got to taste the BEST DAM CLAM CHOWDER in Murrells Inlet!

My spoon is raised to salute Lee's Inlet Kitchen Restaurant, this year's winner, along with all the 20+ area restaurants who competed.

I made a point to seek out Chip Smith, perennial organizer, and all-around great guy, and volunteer my services... I aim to be put on the short-list of judges, for next years cook-off.

1 comment:

APN said...

Nice Site you got here hawk, I have ya linked on the Swine Flu Blog, Thanks!